This is a random collection of memories of my time observing voice actors record episodes of The Garfield Show. For the full story, read my previous post A Day in the Life of Garfield.
- Me on Twitter: “Wanna know how much I love voiceover? I love it so much, I’m willing to get up at 3:30am, fly to LA, and watch someone ELSE do it.”
- Before Mr. Freberg arrived, while Mark, Frank, Gregg and Wally were standing around talking, Goran Visnjic walked into the lounge! I am the biggest starstruck idiot you’ve ever met in your life. It was very difficult to maintain, but I managed not to freak out and gave a quiet smile instead.
- I was still in the recording area, but my friend Chuck also saw Keith David in the lobby. I wonder what he was working on!
- Frank Welker does a mighty accurate Barack Obama impression. Very funny!
- Wally Wingert was wearing turquoise snakeskin boots. And, I think he was flirting with me. But maybe not.
- Best direction of the day: (Mark to Wally) “Can you make the announcer sound a little more PBS?”
- 2nd best direction of the day: (Mark to Wally) “Okay, at this point your character is on a pogo stick so try to sound bouncy.”
- The person who took the picture of Chuck, Mark Evanier, Stan Freberg and me, is Paul Dini‘s wife, Misty Lee.
Chuck also put up a blog of his experiences. He is a huge Stan Freberg fan. It’s an interesting read, you should check it out!